Rua de Badão 1
Bacelo, 4920 - 020 Candemil
Vila Nova de Cerveira
Tel.: 00 351 251794404
GPS-code: N 41o
-56'-36'' W 008o
-41'-36'' (Graden: 41o
41.611'; Decimalen: lat. 41.94342o
, long. 8.69350o
- From Spain, the fastest way is driving to Galicia to Vigo. Coming from the north of Galicia you pass Vigo, coming from the east, just before Vigo you go into the direction of Tui and Portugal. From this border the best thing to do is to stop your navigation system and follow our route, written underneath (coming from Spain).
- If you go by plain to Porto and rent a car, you can follow our route written underneath (via A28). If you come by public transport you can switch to our page Links.
- if you enter Candemil, pay attention that it is the right Candemil in Vila Nova de Cerveira. In Portugal names of places are used more times than one.
- if you enter Rua de Badão 1, you have to change it to Rua do Badão 1 (TomTom)
- from Spain the navigation goes via a small, steep road for 2km. It is better to use the route written underneath.
- there are 3 different GPS-codes: degrees, minutes and seconds; degrees, minutes; and decimals. For an explanation or conversion please go to http://www.boulter.com/gps.
- a roadmap older than 2 years, or even 1 year, can show a difference with the actual situation. The infrastructure changes fast.
Toll roads in Portugal
In Portugal the inhabitants pay little road tax, therefor we have toll roads. For our region you can find:
- thede A3, in the direction of Braga, which works with a tollbooth. You can pay cash or with your creditcard (mastercard)betaalt.
- the A28 (only after the city Viana do Castelo, 40km from here) in the direction of Porto. The first petrolstation after Viana do Castelo, over the bridge, has the possibility to register your matricula together with your credit card. That gives you the opportunity to drive on electronic toll roads for a month.
- People with a rental car, should arrange it with the people of the car rental
via the A28
Via the A28 (from Porto or the airport):
From the airport you go right, in the direction Porto. You take then the 1st exit in the direction of Viana do Castelo, A28. You get another exit in the direction of A28, Viana do Castelo which you take. Now you are on the A28. Near Viana do Castelo (you have a mountain in front of you with a cathedral on top) you go over a long bridge. After that one, you take the 2nd exit, going up, with the sign A28. At the top you keep to the left, to stay on the A28. Drive this highway till the end, where you automatically get on to the N13, a two lane road. From here it is another 10km. You pass trafficligths, a small roundabout (with on the right the supermarket Pingo Doce), trafficlights, a roundabout with a deer (this is Vila Nova de Cerveira), again trafficlights (2 immediately after each other) and then after ca. 300m you go right, in the direction of Pdes. Coura (picture 1). After ca. 500m you get a big speed bump and another one. Then you go right, into the direction of Candemil (picture 2). You drive this mountain road for ca. 3,5 km., pass the sign Moreira and after ca. 50m you go left (picture 3, Bacelo/Camping Convivio). See the pictures at the top for the last 300m (after 200m in the curve of Rua do Bacelo you go left. After 70m you are at the main entrance.
Coming from Spain
From Spain, cross the border at Tui (Spanje) to Valença (Portugal). Take the first exit at the highway in the direction of Vila Nova de Cerveira. You are now on the N13, two lane road. This one you follow for about 8km passing 3 roundabouts and 4 trafficlights. At the 4th trafficlight you go left in the direction of Candemil (photo 1) and immediately right (parallell with the N13). This road has after ca. 400m a mountainroad on the right. You go in here in the direction of Candemil (photo 2). After ca. 3,5km you pass a sign Moreira and after 50m you go left at the sign Bacelo, Campismo Convivio (photo 3). See the photos above for the last 200m. In the curve of Rua do Bacelo you go left and after 70m you have the main entrace.
via de A3 (Braga)
via the A3 (Braga): exit 13, in the direction of Vila Nova de Cerveira. It is about another 6 km. Meanwhile you pass a roundabout (keep right here), a sign saying Candemil, a sign saying Pontelha, another roundabout with our sign (photo 1). You keep to the right here also, in the direction of Vila Nova de Cerveira. Another 1,5km to go, where you can overlook the valley (photo 2). There you find a turn to the right with the signs Bacelo en Camping Convivio (photo 3). See the photos above for the last 200m. In the curve of Rua do Bacelo you go left and after 70m you get at the main entrance.